Xiaomi is already very popular in the Indian market thanks to it’s Redmi line of smartphones. The company skipped the launch of it’s last year flagship Mi 6 in the county due to the lower sales of Mi 5. But that is about to change according to a report from 91Mobiles. It seems like Xiaomi is gearing up to launch their current flagship Mi 8 in India pretty soon.
According to the 91Mobiles, Three separate phone sellers confirmed this information that Xiaomi might launch the Mi 8 in India in the coming weeks. Xiaomi launched Mi 8, Mi 8 Explorer Edition and Mi 8 SE back in may. It is yet to be confirmed about the exact device and launch date of the handset at the moment.
To recall, Xiaomi Mi 8 is one of the first Xiaomi device to sport a notch display. It has a 6.21-inch Full HD+ (2248x1080p) display, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor with upto 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. It comes with iPhone X like vertically aligned dual 12MP rear cameras and 20MP selfie snapper, runs MIUI 10 based Android Oreo and has 3,400mAh battery supporting Quick Charge 4.0+ technology.
Xiaomi Mi 8 specifications
- 6.21-inch (2248 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:7:9 AMOLED display with 600 nits brightness,
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB / 256GB, 8GB RAM / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9, upgradable to MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, 4-axis OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording, secondary 12MP rear camera with Samsung S5K3M3 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 2X zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera with real-time AI portraits
- IR Face unlock
- Fingerprint sensor on the rear
- Dimensions: 154.9×74.8x 7.6 mm; Weight: 175g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3400mAh (typ) / 3300mAh (min) battery with Quick Charge 4.0+ fast charging
Xiaomi is already confirmed to launch their new sub brand named POCO with the first device POCOPHONE F1 which is set to be announced on August 22 next week. If the information from the 91Mobiles turns out to be true and if somehow Xiaomi is manage to launch Mi 8 at under Rs. 30k price point, then the device could directly compete against the Asus Zenphone 5Z, Honor 10, OnePlus 6 and even their new comer POCOPHONE F1.