The successor of a last year’s Honor 7X has officially teased by the company on weibo. Honor 7X was released back in December which means its successor is arriving much earlier. Honor isn’t give any hits or specification of the device yet. In the teaser 8X name appears as the circuit under the broken ice which might hints that the presence of cooling technology like Honor Note 10.
Recently a Honor device with the model number ARE-AL00 has passed certification at TENAA. There were rumors the phone is the upcoming Honor 8X. This device packs a massive 7.12-inch display with the Essential PH1 like cutout on top. This is a big upgrade when you compare it with the last year’s Honor 7X which has the 5.93” screen. That massive display is accompanied by a huge 4,900mAh battery that should easily last up to 2 days with a single charge.
In terms of hardware, the phone will be powered by an Octa-Core Processor clocked at 1.8GHz with 4GB RAM. According to the leaks this phone will have a 600-series Qualcomm chipset instead of Huawei’s own Kirin 710. It is expected to be either the Snapdragon 636 or the Snapdragon 660.
TENAA listings have revealed that it would have dual camera setup on the back with 16MP primary and a 2MP secondary camera for capturing portrait shots. Fingerprint sensor is also present on the back and there is an 8MP camera on the front.
Honor 8X (ARE-AL00) rumored specifications
- 7.12-inch (2244×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18.7:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core processor
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, 2MP secondary camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 177.57×86.24×8.13mm; Weight: 210g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh(typ) / 4900mAh (min) battery
No official release date has been announced for the launch of the Honor 8X yet. But we should know more details in the coming weeks.