Xiaomi has been teasing their first smartphone POCO F1 under the company’s new sub brand POCO for few weeks. Now the company has officially launched world’s cheapest snapdragon 845 powered smartphone POCO F1. The phone has comes with 6.18-inch Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass notch display, is powered by Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 845 processor with LiquidCool Technology for better heat dissipation even under heavy usage. It has up to 8GB RAM and 256GB Internal storage with MicroSD expansion. It runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI based POCO Launcher which has some additional features such as App Drawer, Intelligent apps categorization and so on. The company has promised Android 9.0 (Pie) update in Q4 2018.
Other specifications include a dual camera on the rear with 12MP Primary camera, 1.4um large pixel, f/1.9 aperture, dual pixel autofocus and Secondary 5MP camera, 1.12um pixel, f/2.0 aperture. Rear camera supports EIS and can record upto 4K 30 fps videos. On the front it has 20MP camera with AI portrait mode, AI detection of 10 different scenes etc..,
Just like Mi 8, POCO F1 also has fingerprint scanner on the rear and IR face unlock that can unlock the phone 0.4 seconds even in pitch black environments. The phone packs a 4,000 mAh battery which should offer 1.5 to 2 days of battery life considering the facts that it has power efficient 10nm soc.
POCO F1: Specifications
- 6.18-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18.7:9 2.5D curved glass display, 500-nits brightness
, 84% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB/256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory with up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9, upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, Sony IMX363 sensor, Dual Pixel auto focus, secondary 5MP camera with Samsung sensor
- 20MP front-facing camera with ƒ/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR face unlock
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dirac HD, Dual Smart PA
- Dimensions: 155.5x 75.3x 8.8; Weight: 180g
- Dual 4G+ VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
The phone comes in three colors Graphite Black, Steel Blue and Rosso Red colors and a Special Armored Edition with Kevlar back. It also comes with a free soft case in the box. The smartphone will be exclusively available via Flipkart as well as Mi.com from August 29 at 12pm IST.
- POCO F1 6GB RAM + 64GB storage – Rs. 20,999 ( $300 )
- POCO F1 6GB RAM + 128GB storage – Rs. 23,999 ( $344 )
- POCO F1 8GB RAM + 256GB storage – Rs. 28,999 ( $415 )
- POCO F1 8GB RAM + 256GB storage Kevlar Armored Edition – Rs. 29,999 ( $430 )
- POCO Mobile Skins – Rs. 299 ( $4.28 )
- Ultra-slim case with matte finish – Rs. 399 ( $5.72 )
- Armored case with Kevlar finish – Rs. 799 ( $11.45 )
- Rs. 1000 off for HDFC Bank credit/debit card holders during the first sale.
- Rs. 8000 instant benefits, up to 6TB additional data for Jio users.