ZTE’s sub brand Nubia finally announced their latest flagship smartphone Nubia Z18 in today’s launch event in Beijing, China. It sports 5.99-inch Full HD+ WaterDrop Screen which has a small notch on top for front camera similar to Essential PH1 with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. The display features a 91.8% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 10nm processor with Adreno 630 GPU, upto 8GB of RAM and 128GB Internal storage, with no option for expandable storage. It runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Nubia UI 6.0 on top and packs 3450mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0.
The phone features a dual-camera setup on the back, the primary sensor is a 16MP with f/1.6 aperture and secondary sensor is 24MP with f/1.6 aperture for capturing the portrait mode photos. It has AI scene recognition that can identify more than 500 types of scenes. It also comes with both OIS and EIS for recording smoother videos as well as capable of recording 960fps super slow motion videos. On the front, Z18 comes with a 8MP snapper with f/2.0 aperture, has AI portrait mode as well as AI face unlock. Fingerprint scanner is present on the back side of the phones.
ZTE Nubia Z18 specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) 18:9 FHD+ 2.5D curved glass waterdrop display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB RAM with 128GB internal storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Nubia UI 6.0
- Dual SIM ( with no option for Expandable Storage )
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.6 aperture, PDAF, OIS, EIS, 24MP secondary rear camera with f/1.6 aperture, 960fps super slow motion videos
- 8MP front-facing camera with wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture, AI portrait mode
- Fingerprint sensor and Face unlock
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3450mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0
- Dimensions: 148.58×72.54×8.55mm; Weight: 172g
The Nubia z18 is comes in two color options — Nebula Red and Deep Dark Night. As for the pricing, 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage variant will costs 2799 yuan (US$ 409 / Rs. 29,350 approx.) while the 8GB + 128GB option will costs 3299 yuan (US$ 482 / Rs. 34,590 approx.). It sales in China starting from September 11th onwards. The company has also introduced Nubia Z18 Van Gogh Starry Night Collector’s Edition, which is priced at 3599 yuan (US$ 526 / Rs. 37,740 approx.). These phones will be available on the company official website, Suning Easy to buy, Jingdong Mall and Tianmao Mall.