After launching Moto G6 and G6 Play smartphones back in June, Motorola today launched Moto G6 Plus smartphone in India. The phone comes with 5.93-inch Full HD+ (2160 x 1080) 18:9 aspect ratio display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. There is also a water-repellent coating on the display that protects the phone from water splashes or light rain. It is powered by an 14nm 2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 630 processor with Adreno 508 GPU, has 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage with dedicated Micro SD support upto 256GB. It runs on near stock android like interface based on Android 8.0 (Oreo) and expected to get Android 9.0 Pie update soon.
There is a 12-megapixel camera with an f/1.7 aperture with Dual Autofocus Pixel technology and has a 5-megapixel secondary rear camera with f/2.2 aperture on the rear for capturing portrait mode as well as landmark recognition, object recognition, text scanner, spot color, face filters, panorama, manual mode etc..,. The rear camera is capable of recording videos Up to 4K Ultra HD resolution. The selfie shooter is 16 megapixel with an LED flash and supports group selfie mode, beautification mode, manual mode, and face filter.
The phone features fingerprint sensor at the front just under the display as well as support for face unlock . It comes with 3200 mAh battery with support for Motorola’s Turbo charging technology that company claims to gives hours of battery life in just minutes of charging.
Moto G6 Plus specifications
- 5.93-inch (2160 x 1080) Full HD+ 18:9 IPS Max Vision display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.2 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 630 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 508 GPU
- 6GB of RAM with 64GB internal storage, dedicated MicroSD up to 256GB
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM (Nano + Nano)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, Dual Autofocus Pixel technology, f/1.7 aperture and 5MP secondary rear camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor and Face unlock
- P2i water-repellent nano coating
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Front-ported loud speaker, Dolby Audio, 3 mics
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3200mAh battery with Turbopower charging
- Dimensions: 160 x 75.5 x 8.0mm; Weight: 167g
The Moto G6 Plus has an aluminium frame with 3D glass design at the back with Corning Gorilla Glass protection, comes only in Indigo Black color. As for the pricing, It comes only in 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage variant will costs Rs. 22,499 (US$ 310). It will available for purchase in India starting from today on Amazon and Moto hub offline retail stores.
- Go to store and shop using Paytm Mall app. Get up to Rs.3000 PayTM mall cashback promo code.
- No cost EMIs with Bajaj Finserve EMI network and Home Credit
- Get benefits up to Rs. 4450 on Jio, Applicable on Rs. 198 & Rs. 299 Plans
- Jio Instant Cashback vouchers worth Rs. 2200
- Cleartrip Cashback vouchers worth Rs. 1250
- AJIO Discount of Rs. 1000