Apple just launched iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, the company’s latest flagship smartphones at an event in California, United States. These are successor to the last year’s most popular iPhone X. The new iPhone XS comes in 5.8-inch display with the resolution of 2436 x 1125 while iPhone XS Max sports massive 6.5-inch display with the resolution of 2688 x 1242. Both of these new iPhones shares the same OLED Super Retina HDR displays with 458PPI. Both of them supports Dolby Vision and HDR 10, as well as 120Hz touch-sensing. The new iPhones looks very similar to last year’s iPhone X with a notch and houses Face ID for unlocking your phones. But the company claims that Face ID in the new iPhones to work faster at unlocking the phones.
These are powered by new 7nm Apple A12 Bionic chip, first in the industry. The chip 8-core dedicated machine learning engine with 4-core GPU and 6-core CPU with two high performance cores promises 15% fast performance and 40% lower power, and 4 power efficiency cores will offer up to 50% lower power compared to last year’s A11 Bionic. It has 6.9 billion transistors, capable of performing whopping 5 trillion operations per second, compare to 600 billion in A11 Bionic.
The iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max have the same 12-megapixel wide angle primary rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, and a 12-megapixel secondary telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, both with OIS. Apple also introduced something called Smart HDR that uses the A12 Bionic chip to make zero shutter lag, 4-frame buffer, and capturing interframes. Both of them has four microphones and can capable of recording 4K videos at 24 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps. Their is a 7-megapixel front facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, and the IR camera has been improved with global shutter and has improved Dot projector says the company.
Apple iPhone XS and XS Max specifications
- iPhone XS – 5.8-inch (2436 x 1125 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina HDR display, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical) 3D Touch
- iPhone XS Max – 6.5-inch (2688 x 1245 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina HDR display, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical) 3D Touch
- Six-core A12 Bionic 64-bit 7nm processor with four-core GPU, M12 motion co-processor
- 64GB, 256GB, 512GB storage options
- iOS 12
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (secondary eSIM from select carriers or physical SIM in China)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) and telephoto (f/2.4) cameras, Dual optical image stabilization, Optical zoom; Six‑element lens, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording,Retina Flash
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Qi wireless charging, fast charging, up to 12.3 hours of use (iPhone XS) / 13.3 hours of use (iPhone XS Max)
The Apple iPhone XS and XS Max comes in Gold, Silver and Space Gray colors. As per the pricing, The iPhone XS starts at US$ 999 (Rs. 71,813 approx.) and the iPhone XS Max starts at US$ 1,099 (Rs. 79,001 approx.) . These will be available in more than 30 countries and territories from September 21st with pre-orders starting tomorrow, September 14th. These will launch in India starting from September 21st starting at Rs. 99,900 (MRP) and Rs. 109,900 (MRP), respectively.