Today, Xiaomi officially launched Mi 8 Pro ( previous referred as Mi 8 In-display fingerprint edition) , along with Mi 8 Lite smartphones at the event in China. It’s specification are very similar to Mi 8 which is launched couple of months ago. The main difference between Mi 8 and Mi 8 Pro is that the Pro version is comes with a pressure-sensitive in-display fingerprint sensor. Xiaomi states that this in-display fingerprint scanner is better than the one present in Explorer Edition. According to Xiaomi, this one is can unlock the phone up to 29% faster and success rate is improved up to 8.8%.
Just like the Mi 8 Explorer Edition, this one is also comes with the Transparent back. Other than that the specification of the smartphone remains same as Mi 8 which includes 6.21-inch Full HD+ (2248x1080p) display, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor with upto 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. It comes with iPhone X like vertically aligned dual 12MP rear cameras and 20MP selfie snapper, runs MIUI based Android Oreo and has 3,400mAh battery supporting Quick Charge 4.0+ technology.
Xiaomi Mi 8 specifications
- 6.21-inch (2248 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:7:9 AMOLED display with 600 nits brightness,
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB, 8GB RAM / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, 4-axis OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording, secondary 12MP rear camera with Samsung S5K3M3 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 2X zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera with real-time AI portraits
- In-Display Fingerprint sensor, IR Face unlock
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3400mAh (typ) / 3300mAh (min) battery with Quick Charge 4.0+ fast charging
- Dimensions: 154.9×74.8x 7.6 mm; Weight: 177g
The Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro has a metal frame and a glass back, comes in Ochre Black, Twilight Gold colors as well as the Explorer edition like Transparent back design. As for the pricing, 6GB RAM with 128GB internal storage variant will costs 3199 yuan (US$ 466 / Rs. 33,945 approx.), while the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage will available at 3599 yuan (US$ 525 / Rs. 38,192 approx.). Pre-orders for Mi 8 Pro will begin today and goes sales in China starting from September 21th.