A couple of months ago, Xiaomi launched their 2018’s flagship smartphone Mi 8 along with Mi 8 Explorer edition and Mi 8 SE smartphones in China. Today, the company has launched Mi 8 Lite – a slightly lower power varient of Mi 8 along side with newer Mi 8 Pro smartphones at event in China as promised. The phone comes with 6.26-inch Full HD+ (2280 x 1080) 19:9 aspect ratio display, powered by an 14nm 2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 AIE processor with Adreno 512 GPU, comes in either 4/6 GB of RAM with 64 or 6GB of RAM with 128 GB of internal storage with microsd expansion upto 256GB. It is expected to run on MIUI 10 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo).
In the camera department, there is a 12-megapixel primary camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, dual-core focus, f/1.9 aperture along side with 5-megapixel secondary camera for capturing depth of field. In the front, its packs massive 24-megapixel selfie camera with Sony IMX576 sensor, 1.8μm pixel size and f/2.2 aperture. The phone features fingerprint sensor at the rear as well as support for face unlock. It comes with 3350mAh battery with support for QC 3.0 fast charging. In terms of dimensions, it measures 156.4 x 75.8 x 7.5mm and weighs 169 grams.
Mi 8 Lite
Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite (Youth Edition) specifications
- 6.26-inch (2280×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage, 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.9 aperture, 5MP secondary camera with Samsung S5K5E8, 1.12um pixel size
- 24MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX576 sensor, 1.8μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor and Face unlock
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO , Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3350mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 156.4×75.8×7.5mm; Weight: 169 grams
The Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite has a metal frame and a glass back, comes in Deep Gray, Dream Blue and Twilight Gold colors. As for the pricing, 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage variant will costs 1399 yuan (US$ 204 / Rs. 14,835 approx.), 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage variant will costs 1699 yuan (US$ 248 / Rs. 18,020 approx.) while the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage will available at 1999 yuan (US$ 290 / Rs. 21,200 approx.). Pre-orders for Mi 8 Lite will begin today and goes sales in China starting from September 25th.