After launching Nokia 6.1 Plus smartphone in India last month. Today, HMD Global has launched Nokia 5.1 Plus smartphone in India,As promised. The smartphone is also known as Nokia X5 in China. Apart from the name, every bit of smartphone is remains the same. It will take on similarly priced smartphones including Realme 2, Redmi 6 Pro and Honor 9N.
The phone comes with 5.84-inch HD+ (1520 x 720 pixels) 19:9 aspect ratio notch display. The notch is slightly bigger when it compared with it’s bigger brother Nokia 6.1 Plus. It is powered by an 12nm 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P60 processor with Mali-G72 MP3 GPU, has 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory which can be expanded with Micro SD upto 400GB. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo. Because of it’s comes under the Android One program, the company promises three years of monthly security updates and two years of OS upgrades. The company also told that the Nokia 5.1 Plus will be one of the first devices to be updated to Android 9 Pie.
There is a 13-megapixel camera with PDAF, f/2.0 aperture and a 5-megapixel secondary camera on the back to capture portrait mode photos. On the front, there is a 8-megapixel fixed focus selfie camera with f/2.2 aperture and 80.4-degree wide-angle lens. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back as well as has support for face unlock. It comes with 3,060mAh battery with the support for fast charging.
Nokia 5.1 Plus specifications
- 5.86-inch ( 720×1520 pixels) HD+ 2.5D curved glass 19:9 aspect ratio display
- 2GHz Octa Core MediaTek Helio P60 12nm processor with 800MHz ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) OS, upgradable to Android P
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, secondary 5-megapixel rear camera
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 80.4-degree wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Fingerprint sensor
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3060mAh (typcial) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery
- Dimensions: 149.51 x 71.98 x 8.096 mm; Weight: 160g
The Nokia 5.1 Plus has build using 2.5D curved on both side, comes in Gloss Black, Gloss White, Midnight Gloss Blue colors. As of the pricing, the device is priced at Rs. 10,999 (US$151 approx…) in India and you can pre-order the smartphone on Flipkart and Nokia online store starting from today and and will be available from October 1.
The company is partnered with Airtel to give additional offers for the customers including Rs.1800 instant cashback and 240GB free data over 12 months on the plans of Rs. 199, Rs. 249 and Rs. 448.