After launching V11, Vivo just launched V9 Pro – yet another smartphone in the V series lineup in India. As the name suggest, it is the upgraded version of Vivo V9 which was introduced in March this year. It was a rebranded version of V9 6GB that was launched few months ago in Indonesia.
The device looks very similar to it’s younger brother and also borrow some features including 6.3-inch Full HD+ (2280 × 1080 pixels) 19:9 aspect ratio notch display with 90% screen-to-body ratio and has 1.75mm slim bezels. It runs on Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Both of them has a fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 3260mAh battery.
Apart from that, Vivo V9 Pro is powered by an 2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 512 GPU for handing graphics intensive tasks, has 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal memory with dedicated Micro SD support upto 256GB. Even though it has Pro moniker, It comes with slightly downgraded cameras including 13-megapixel along with a secondary 2-megapixel rear camera and a 16-megapixel front camera.
Vivo V9 Pro specifications
- 6.3-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 IPS display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, dedicated expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 2MP camera
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor and Face Unlock
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB OTG
- 3260mAh battery
- Dimensions: 154.81 x 75.03 x 7.89mm ; Weight: 150g
The Vivo V9 Pro comes in Gradient purple and black colors. As for the pricing, It comes only in 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage variant will costs Rs 19,990 (US$ 275) and will be available exclusively fromAmazon.in and Vivo’s online store. The V9 Pro will also be available at a special price of Rs 17,990 during Great India Festival.