Xiaomi launched Redmi Note 5 Pro back in February this year. After couple leaks, today the company has just launched Redmi Note 6 Pro in Thailand but not lot has been changed when you compare it to it’s predecessor.
The new Redmi Note 6 Pro comes with a 6.26-inch Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass IPS display. It’s a notch display with 19:9 aspect ratio and has 86% screen-to-body ratio. The screen is also protected by unspecified version Corning Gorilla Glass. Just like it’s predecessor, Redmi Note 6 Pro is also powered by the same 1.8GHz Qualcomm Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 SoC with Adreno 509 GPU for handing graphics intensive tasks. It comes in 4GB of RAM and 64GB of inbuilt storage, expandable via microSD.
It comes with a AI dual camera setup on the rear as well as the front. In the back, Primary one is a 12-megapixel (expected to be the Sony IMX 486 sensor) camera with 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.9 aperture, Dual Pixel autofocus, dual-tone LED flash, and a secondary 5-megapixel camera for capture the depth information. It can recognize upto 206 scenes across 27 categories and also features EIS for taking smooth jitter free videos.
There is also a dual camera setup on the front, the primary unit is a 20-megapixel camera with large 1.8μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture and a 2-megapixel secondary sensor. The smartphone runs Android 8.1 Oreo and packs 4000mAh battery with the support for fast charging which the company claims it can last for two days on a single charge.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro specifications
- 6.26-inch Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass notch display with Corning Gorilla Glass Protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage, with expandable memory via microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9.5
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.9 aperture, PDAF, secondary 5MP camera, f/2.0 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 1.8μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 2-megapixel secondary sensor
- Fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro has a metal frame and comes in Black, Blue and Rose Gold colors. As for the pricing, it costs at 6,990 baht, which roughly converts to (US$ 216 / Rs. 15,677 approx.). The phone is available in Thailand starting from today.