Xiaomi launched the Redmi Note 5 Pro smartphone back in the February last year and also get the Red color varient of the smartphone after the launch of few months. At the time of launch the device is running MIUI 9.2 based on Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), later it got the MIUI 9.5 and MIUI 10 Global Stable update based on Android 8.1 (Oreo) in November with some new features including Redesigned Notification toggles, Redesigned Volume Sliders, Redesigned Multitasking Menu, Picture in Picture mode, AutoFill Support, Game booster mode, natural sound system, and a lot more. Now, some of the Redmi Note 5 Pro users have started receiving Android Pie based MIUI 10 Global Stable update.
The new stable update version MIUI 10.3.1.0 PEIMIXM comes as 1.6 GB in size. This update also brings May security patch along with major changes like System Wide Dark Mode, New Charging animation, Face Unlock support for Apps and more.
You can download the recovery ROM ( links are available below ) and flash it using the updater method by following the below instructions.
Things to consider before flashing:
- Below method is only for updating Global Stable ROM
- Your phone must have at least 60% battery level.
- You need to download the Recovery ROM (zip file) from the below link
- Create a new folder and place it to that folder in internal storage of your phone.
MIUI 10 Android Pie Based Global Stable ROM Download Links:
For Redmi Note 5 Pro:
Download Link for Full Recovery ROM – Click Here
- Open the Settings app on your phone then go to About Phone -> System Update
- Tap on the Miui 10 logo 10 times to activate developer mode
- Then click on three dots at the top right of your screen
- Select Choose update package
- Navigate to the folder where you have copied the ROM file, ( if you downloaded directly from your phone then the file should be in the Downloads directly ).
- Select the file, then choose Reboot and update and wait for the update to complete ( this might take upto 20mins )
Check out the changelog below,
Android 9.0 update.